Yacht Captain - Hospitality & Leisure Company
Captains aboard yachts have a record of longevity, excellent owner references, and strong crew management skills. Furthermore, the individual should be knowledgeable about the yacht's management & safety practices. The captain will excel in planning and communicating various itineraries to owners and guests on board in varying areas of the cruise.
- Ensure the safety of all clients throughout the charter.
- Be responsible for the safe piloting, navigation, anchoring, and operation of the Yacht.
- Manages all technical and general aspects of the Yacht, including equipment, routine maintenance checks, and services as directed by the technical manager.
- Keep an updated log book recording hours, passages, and mileage and report to the technical manager.
- Keep good accounting records, and ensure expenses are within the charter budget.
- Communicate with clients in advance of charters using the company-provided email address.
- Greet clients and assist with boarding, followed by a welcome brief covering safety and relevant yacht information, including the whereabouts of all safety equipment.
- Excellent boat handling and navigational skills.
- Excellent ISM and ISPS knowledge and practices.
- Excellent maintenance, engineering, and technical / troubleshooting experience.
- Ability to remain calm and give directions in an emergency.
- Proficiency in English, both spoken and written, is a must.