The Ideal Candidate:
Ideal candidates possess essential leadership competencies, including resilience, creativity, awareness of self and others, and the ability to inspire by engaging others and influencing others. They also have the skills to lead and empower change, develop others, and hold others accountable. Collaborative leadership is also valued.
- Execute controls and applicable control programs and document that control programs have been implemented as planned for a large-scale, complex operation with high risks and exposures.
- Formulate SHE plans for Project management and develop primary indicators for project Safety performance management.
- Define, implement, and lead the risk, hazard, and opportunity identification process and determine the resources required to carry it out.
- Lead action plans by identifying potential emergencies, creating emergency communication plans that address operations or business interruption, recovery and social media, and testing and validating emergency action plans.
- Promote an environmental, health, and safety culture through training and education solutions relating to environmental, health, and safety issues, practices, and risks, and train others as required.
- Prepare and conduct audits and ensure compliance with legal and other requirements.
- Conduct incident investigations based on incident classification and work with engineers, management, and health and safety regulatory authorities to identify the cause of accidents and prevent their recurrence.
- Lead and develop teams, train, and make decisions regarding talent management, hiring, performance, and disciplinary actions.
- Manage all environmental aspects of Construction Projects considering design that integrates environmental best practices, waste minimization, compliance with environmental regulations, and proper waste handling.
- Ensure compliance is managed per the Working with Contractors Guidelines and ensure contracts include these main requirements.
- Responsible for HSE training, participation in various HSE reviews, PSSR, HAZOPS, construction risk reviews, and support Action tracking & closure.
- Develop a project emergency response plan accordingly and integrate it with the site emergency response plan.
- Other duties as assigned