The Mine Quarry Manager role requires a candidate with the skills and experience to effectively manage mine operations while ensuring safety, environmental compliance, and productivity. Additionally, candidates should demonstrate the leadership qualities essential to managing a team and making astute decisions in a fast-paced work environment.
The successful candidate will have the discretion and input to develop and implement production and mine control systems to ensure the smooth operation of all functions at the development and operating quarries. This role involves collaboration with a highly experienced, multidisciplinary technical team and provides an exciting opportunity to work for a rapidly growing Industrial Minerals Company.Responsibilities:
- Supervise and manage all quarry operations, including drilling, blasting, loading, hauling, crushing, and screening.
- Monitor and optimize the production process to meet production targets and quality standards.
- Oversee the maintenance and repair of quarry machinery and equipment.
- Develop and implement a preventive maintenance program to minimize downtime.
- Assessing equipment and production materials levels; undertaking regular site
inspections and risk assessments to comply with all health and safety
- Ensure that safety procedures and protocols are followed rigorously to prevent accidents and injuries.
- Compliance with all relevant HSE legislation, including Quarries Regulations
1999, ISO 45001 (Health and Safety), 14001 (Environment and 9001 (Quality)
standards and associated management reviews.
- Stay informed about and enforce compliance with all relevant health, safety, and environmental regulations.
- Manage permits and documentation related to environmental compliance.
- Develop and manage the Quarry's budget, controlling costs and optimizing resource utilization.
- Monitor expenses related to labor, equipment, and materials.
- Lead and manage a team of miners, equipment operators, maintenance personnel, and administrative staff.
- Provide regular reports to senior management on production metrics, safety performance, environmental compliance, and budgetary performance.
- Quickly address operational challenges, technical issues, and changes in circumstances.
- Collaborate and communicate effectively with regulatory agencies, suppliers, customers, and internal stakeholders.
- Altering the Quarry’s production system following the materials