Operation Readiness Manager (Open For Expat) - Smelter & Mineral Company
- Lead the interface with Engineering and Processing managers in the development & delivery of the specific Operational Readiness elements.
- Design of the Processing and Engineering Management Operating System (MOS) – the organization plans, forecasts, executes, monitors, reviews, and reports.
- Develop systems for the Processing department work, integrating processes managed at the superintendent level to provide effective planning of work, efficient and safe work practices, monitoring of performance, and promoting continuous improvement.
- Delivery of the Operational Readiness plan for the Processing facility and Engineering.
- Execute the Operational Readiness activities for Processing and Engineering within the approved budget.
- Execute the Operational Readiness activities within the approved project schedule, achieving all critical intermediate milestones.
- Capture internal and external requirements for Operation Readiness (OR): targets, criteria, frequency, volume, coverage, specifications, and quality levels – on an ongoing and evolving basis.
- Working with the Operations Readiness Planner, develop detailed OR project schedules for each area in
scope and integrate them into the master Mobilisation program plan.
Validate all requirements and plans with key stakeholders.
Develop the process and system to record and report on the performance of the OR program to the Serco
Exec team and external parties (ISA, Regulator).
- Develop and implement a Road Map to Operational Certification.
Integrate the D&B Contractor’s Testing or Trial Running requirements for the Operator into the OR Execution
- Advisory for key internal stakeholders on changing requirements of clients or external stakeholders.
- Identify resource requirements, develop teams internally and externally to deliver on assigned projects, and support interface activities.
- Liaise with third parties and internal departments to develop their involvement in line with operational
readiness, including the planning, implementing, and chairing of interdisciplinary focus groups, desk-top
exercises, and ‘Day-in-the-life-of’ workshops.
- Ensure that a good HSQE and Information Security culture is promoted within their departments and among
their peers, subcontractors, and third parties.
- Protect information and data assets, both electronic and paper-based, from any internal, external, intentional, or unintentional threats.
- To exercise personal duty of care for their health, safety, and welfare and those affected by their acts or omissions; reference SMS GSOP-HSE 1-6 Serco organizational HSE responsibilities.
- Candidate must possess at least a Bachelor's Degree or Master's degree in Engineering or equivalent.
- Have a minimum of 10 years experience in Operational Readiness, Process Engineering, and Project Management, and three years at a managerial level in Nickel Processing plants, Minerals Companies, or Transportation companies with exposure to large-scale and acceptance testing management.
- Experience setting up transportation & maintenance systems and built assets.
- Excellent numerical skills, MS Excel, and 2-D charts as analytical tools.
- Highly motivated, flexible, and able to work in time-sensitive environments and respond quickly and effectively to unforeseen workloads, events, and emergencies.
- Good written and verbal communication skills and the ability to
manage multiple tasks efficiently and work productively in a
fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
- Ability to identify issues influences people at all levels to achieve
- Strong organizational skills, detail-oriented, and the ability to handle
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels, from technical to management to Executive.
- Proficiency in English, both spoken and written is a must.
- Willing to work with a contract system (2-year contract) and ready to be placed in Balikpapan, East Kalimantan.