As a Learning & development specialist, you will work in a team with stakeholders to produce programs that satisfy all stakeholders in the Company. Design and expand training and development programs and evaluate and revise programs as necessary. Excels at identifying an organization's current and future skill requirements and creating flexible learning interventions (via digital and other means) to meet the workforce's diverse needs.
- Act as a trusted internal learning consultant to business teams and functions to ensure continuous employee growth and development.
- Work closely with the senior stakeholders to define and shape Leadership Development programs to elevate the capabilities of our hundreds of leaders and contribute to improving our talent pipeline.
- Evaluating and managing Learning and Development (L & D) strategies and processes; assessing organizational development needs of operating, business, and functional units.
- Lead the design, development, and implementation of programs, policies, and strategies tailored to meet L&D needs and program goals; design and execute key L&D processes; measure the achievement of established goals.
- Conduct learning needs analysis initiatives to design and improve learning curriculum & pathways continuously based on business needs in each team and function.
- Develop competency models, assess the capability gaps, and conduct an analysis of employees' learning needs.
- Continuously evaluate and develop new learning modules to ensure modules' relevancy and effectiveness.
- Prepare a roadmap with long-term and short-term goals to implement Coaching practices as Company’s Leadership culture.
- Liaise with content specialists/subject matter experts to provide support in learning design and facilitate delivery and evaluation of training.
- Oversee and manage the end-to-end coordination of Department specific L&D programs and training, liaising with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Create and present reports and updates to stakeholders, such as Department HRBPs, Leads, Managers, and Heads.