A good Industrial Engineer must have strong skill sets in project management and mathematics to ensure they identify opportunities for improvement and can work with the right teams to reduce waste in the production process.
- Maintain non-technical standards in twisting, weaving, and dipping.
- Maintain twisting color inventory and its usage.
- Continuously optimizes direct and indirect manufacturing labor and in-plant material flow through the use of industrial engineering methods including line balancing, time studies, as well as both in-plant and external material flow.
- Drives towards sustainable solutions by developing a standard workflow for new and existing products while considering safety and efficiency.
- Develop design and production standards in cooperation with management and user personnel.
- Create and maintain required manufacturing process documentation, including process flow charts, capacity and utilization studies, labor utilization, time and motion studies, standard work, cycle time analysis, and line balancing.
- Supports safety performance of the manufacturing area through the design of ergonomic solutions for the different operations as well as for material handling.