The ideal candidate should have a solid background in procurement, with a proven track record of success in sourcing and negotiating contracts, managing supplier relationships, and optimizing procurement processes. They should have at least ten years of relevant experience, preferably within the beverage manufacturing industry. The Head of Procurement is a strategic, ethical, and results-driven leader who can optimize procurement processes, foster supplier relationships, and contribute to the company's success in the competitive beverage manufacturing sector.
- Source and manage the
procurement of raw materials, such as ingredients, packaging materials, and
chemicals, ensuring an uninterrupted supply to meet production demands.
- Collaborate closely with the
marketing and sales teams to understand branding and promotional material
- Source and procure marketing
collateral, including packaging materials, labels, point-of-sale materials, and
- Ensure consistent branding and
quality standards across all marketing and sales materials while optimizing
- Develop and implement comprehensive procurement strategies aligned with the company's overall goals and objectives.
- Collaborate with the executive team to define procurement targets, cost reduction initiatives, and quality improvement plans.
- Conduct market research to stay informed about industry trends, supplier capabilities, and emerging technologies.
- Continuously evaluate and optimize procurement processes for cost savings, quality improvement, and operational efficiency.
- Identify, evaluate, and accept reliable suppliers who can fulfill the company's quality and delivery requirements.
- Establish and maintain strong supplier relationships, fostering a collaborative and mutually beneficial partnership.
- Conduct periodic performance evaluations of suppliers to ensure adherence to service level agreements and quality standards.
- Lead negotiations with suppliers to obtain favorable contract terms, competitive pricing, and volume discounts.
- Continuously seek opportunities to reduce procurement costs while maintaining product quality and compliance.
- Work closely with the logistics and inventory management teams to maintain optimal inventory levels and minimize lead times.
- Collaborate with various departments, including engineering, marketing, sales, and finance, to understand their procurement needs and align strategies accordingly.
- Foster a culture of collaboration and open communication between the procurement team and other stakeholders.
- Ensure procurement activities comply with relevant laws, regulations, and company policies.
- Develop risk management strategies to address supply chain disruptions and mitigate potential risks.