Director Of Human Resources - Hospitality & Leisure Company
- Become a key champion of our Employee Value Proposition by driving and creating strong engagement, recruitment, and retention strategies.
- Formulate and implement policies, procedures, and standards about Talent & Culture Administration, Compensation and Benefits, Employee Welfare, Safety and Health, Employee Communication, Industrial Relations, Training and Development, Performance Management, and Career Development by national, industry standards, laws, and customs, and ensuring that they are complied with by other departments.
- Responsible for developing and formulating policies, procedures, and practices to support the operational needs of the resort.
- Supervises and provides the management with strategic staffing plans, compensation, benefits, training and development, budget, and labor relations.
- Lead performance management, talent assessment, and effective labor relationship, including negotiating and administering labor agreements.
- Participate in management meetings to review progress towards achievement of business plan goals and develop the annual business plan related to the department.
- To represent the Hotel in collective bargaining and contacts with labor organizations and employee representatives where applicable.
- Act as an internal consultant providing advice and guidance in grievance and disciplinary matters management and resolution.
- Develop, conduct maintain all employee training programs for team members, focusing on their development needs, and providing them with new skills to meet the changing needs of the business.
- Candidates must possess at least a Bachelor's Degree in Psychology, Hospitality Management, or equivalent.
- At least seven years of progressive experience in Human Resource Management, Culture, and Recruitment in a 5-star luxury resort or cluster role.
- Solid experience working in Bali is a must.
- Demonstrate an ability to set objectives and goals and organize work appropriately to meet and exceed expectations.
- Strong writing and communication skills, fluency in English, and the ability to communicate well with expatriates and hotel partners.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work within a team of diverse individuals
- CHRP certification is desirable but not required.