Construction Manager - Mining Group Company
An ideal Construction Manager combines technical proficiency, strategic thinking, leadership acumen, and a commitment to safety and quality. The Construction Manager plays a pivotal role in ensuring the successful completion of construction projects while fostering a collaborative and efficient work environment.
- Collaborate with project stakeholders to develop a comprehensive construction plan, including scheduling, resource allocation, and risk assessment.
- Establish construction strategies to optimize efficiency, cost-effectiveness, and safety.
- Oversee the execution of construction activities, ensuring compliance with design specifications, regulatory requirements, and industry best practices.
- Resolve on-site issues, conflicts, or challenges that may arise during construction.
- Implement and enforce strict safety protocols to maintain a hazard-free work environment.
- Ensure that construction activities adhere to the highest quality standards, aiming to achieve perfection in all project deliverables.
- Identify potential project risks and develop mitigation strategies to prevent or address them.
- Proactively address unforeseen issues that may affect the success of the project.
- Ensure all construction activities comply with local regulations, environmental standards, and safety codes.
- Regularly monitor project progress against established milestones and timelines.
- Prepare comprehensive progress reports for project stakeholders, highlighting achievements, challenges, and recommended solutions.
- Provide leadership, supervision, and coordination of construction teams, including subcontractors and vendors.
- Foster a collaborative and productive work environment, ensuring clear communication and alignment among team members.
- Monitor project expenditures and ensure adherence to the allocated budget.
- Identify cost-saving opportunities without compromising project quality and safety standards.
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management, or related field (Master's degree preferred).
- Proven experience as a Construction Manager, preferably with experience in heavy industrial or construction projects, especially in smelting or metallurgical facilities.
- A solid set of project management skills includes abilities needed when managing budgets, schedules, and resources effectively.
- Proficiency in construction management software and tools.
- Excellent leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- In-depth knowledge of construction methods, materials, and safety protocols.
- Certification in project management (PMP) and relevant industry certifications are a plus.
- Work effectively with direct colleagues and others in cross-functional relationships, on tasks within the context of company policies, values, and culture.